Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'll Keep My Head Up High

I don't know why you do it,
Why you treat me like a mat.
Why you pretend we were never friends,
You stealthy little cat.

Well it's time you listen to me,
It's time you saw the light.
Just because your jealous
It doesn't make it right.

I'm sorry that you think,
I'm great at everything.
Truth be told I'm not,
I'm nothing like a king.

Just because I'm good at school,
It doesn't make me great.
I'd rather be a slow learner,
With a different fate.

I don't understand why you do this.
The silent treatment is lame.
This is just complete nonsense.
I'm sick of your little game.

I'm not going to deal with it anymore.
I'll keep my head up high.
Why can't we go back to normal,
Before the real you said goodbye.

By Sammy Creamer

No comments:

Post a Comment